If you are one of those who always leaves the organization of vacations to the last moment and in the end you end up always going to the same place because by the time you start looking, everything is extremely expensive, pay attention to this article: we bring you a few cheap vacation destinations for that you can escape the routine doing something different and for little money.
You read that right, Vietnam is one of the cheapest tourist destinations in the world. Why? A luxury hotel room with all the comforts is around 50 euros per night and meals can cost you 3 or 4 euros per person. Have we convinced you? In addition to the price, you may be interested in knowing what is worth visiting in this country, right? Here are some suggestions:
- Hanoi: Most likely, your trip will start in the capital of the country, since it is easier to get flights there. Although a priori it may seem like a chaotic city, the truth is that there is an order in that chaos and there are several things to visit, such as the streets of the center, which are organized by guilds, or the Cathedral of San José in Hanoi (very curious). among other.
- Nha Trang: In addition to some spectacular beaches, if you travel around you can visit waterfalls such as Ban Ho and Yang Bay. In addition, Nha Trang is the most important diving spot in Vietnam, so if you fancy practicing this sport or doing some snorkelling, this is the right place. In addition, you can relax by taking a bath in the hot springs of Thap Ba.
- Ha Long Bay: this place is a must, you can’t go to Vietnam and not go to Ha-Long Bay. It is a spectacular landscape populated by more than 1,500 islands and islets that you can see on a boat tour. Although activities such as trekking, kayaking and visits to the caves of some of the islands are also offered. It is advisable to check with travel agencies what activities their tours include.
If Vietnam does not convince you, Sri Lanka is also an exotic, impressive and cheap destination to travel to during your holidays. If you want to know what to visit in this place, keep reading:
- Tour the island by train: The country has a not inconsiderable train network that crosses a large part of its territory. It is a good option to enjoy the different landscapes of the country, since these routes are considered the most beautiful in the world. And if walking is your thing, you can explore the tracks on foot, as many locals do.
- Dambulla Caves: Declared a World Heritage Site in 1991 and with a history that exceeds 2,000 years, these caves are something really worth seeing. It is a set of temples installed inside several caves. The walls are painted with motifs that adapt to the shape of the rock, in addition to more than 160 sculptures representing various Hindu deities, Buddha and local kings.
- Visit the cities of Anuradhapura and Polonnaruwa: both cities are World Heritage Sites and it is very easy to explore them by bicycle (they are very close to each other) and that will allow you to go completely on your own and stop where you want, since there are a large number of ancient temples and statues really pretty buddhists.
We change third to bring you a destination closer to home. It is possible that a priori, you do not feel much attraction to this country, but pay attention, since it is a great destination to go on vacation and we will tell you what is worth knowing:
- Bucharest: it is usually the starting point for trips to Romania, whether you decide to rent a car or use local transport. It is the country’s capital and combines wide avenues and museums with old Soviet architecture. In addition, in the Curtea Veche neighborhood are the ruins of the palace of Vlad Tepes, a historical figure who inspired Bram Stoker to write his novel “Dracula”.
- Bran Castle: In Transylvania, very close to the city of Brasov, is the Bran Castle, a fortress dating from the 12th century and located on top of a hill. It is said that it inspired Bram Stoker when describing Dracula’s castle.
Have you been wanting to visit any of these three destinations? If you want to make an unforgettable trip without going over budget, you can always go to mini-credits and enjoy your vacation to the fullest.