Many men consider the sparsity of their beard, moustache, and hair as the biggest hurdle in achieving an aesthetically pleasing appearance. Sparsity may occur due to genetic factors or various environmental causes, yet there are numerous botanical and cosmetic products available to promote thickness. To fully benefit from these products, regular maintenance is essential.
Losing 50-100 strands of hair daily is normal. However, shedding more than this amount can result in a thin appearance.
To check the condition of your hair loss with a simple test:
- Gently pull your hair.
- If more than 15-20 strands end up in your hand, it indicates a problem with hair loss.
Nevertheless, many methods can be applied to stop hair loss and promote thickness. Before implementing these methods, it’s necessary to identify the cause of your hair loss. If your hair loss is due to genetic reasons, hair transplantation might be the only solution. However, hair loss caused by weather conditions and chemical products can be thickened with natural products, cosmetic substances, or medications.
Clove, rich in vitamins A, E, and B6, nourishes hair roots and promotes hair thickening and healthy growth.
To thicken hair with cloves, first boil a cup of water. Add 10-15 cloves. After 15 minutes, put it into a closed jar and wait for it to cool down. You can either spray the clove water on your hair or apply it directly from roots to ends. It is recommended to apply this mixture every day for a week, and then every other day for the rest of the month.
Onion juice contains a high amount of sulfur, which promotes hair regrowth and stops hair loss.
Crush or blend one medium-sized onion. Make sure to extract all the juice. Apply it to areas with heavy hair loss by massaging it in, and leave it on for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, thoroughly wash your hair with a herbal shampoo. Regular application of this mixture will benefit your hair.
Recommendations for Thickening Hair
- Try to avoid using hair dryers and similar devices as much as possible.
- To prevent breakage, comb your hair when it is dry.
- Change the products you use to thicken your hair at certain periods, as continuous use of the same product will create immunity.
- Don’t apply chemical products like gel, spray, mousse to your hair. If you do, make sure to wash it out on the same day.
How to Thicken a Beard?
If the sparsity of the beard is not hormonal or genetic, it’s possible to thicken your beard with various methods and products.
Almond oil, derived from almond kernels, is commonly used in the cosmetic sector and is highly effective in thickening the beard and moustache. Especially sweet almond oil, which contains omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins A, D, E, magnesium, and calcium, impacts hair roots.
Firstly, wet and comb your beard. Apply the oil by massaging it under your beard. Comb through to evenly distribute. After waiting an hour, wash with water. Repeat this process once a week.
Recommendations for Thickening a Beard
- Massage your face. Massage accelerates blood flow and activates hair roots.
- Don’t neglect beard care. Don’t forget to use the treatments or products you applied regularly.
- Pay attention to your diet. Vitamins taken internally are as effective as the treatments applied externally to the beard.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol. Harmful habits block blood vessels and prevent hair growth.