Canan Karatay has recently been recommending the addition of tail fat to the pot when cooking red meat, emphasizing the benefits of this method. In this article, we will share the benefits of tail fat, Canan Karatay’s stew recipe, and other uses of tail fat with you.
Tail Fat: Nutritional Value and Usage
Tail fat is a widely used ingredient in Anatolian cuisine and has many benefits. Canan Karatay recommends adding tail fat to the pot when cooking red meat and states that adding one spoonful will multiply its benefits.
Benefits of Tail Fat
Tail fat is a nutrient-rich food with numerous health benefits. Here are some of the benefits of tail fat:
- Rich in Vitamin D: Tail fat is rich in vitamin D, which helps protect against fatigue and exhaustion while speeding up metabolism.
- Pain Relief: Tail fat has pain-relieving effects and is beneficial for painful conditions like rheumatism.
- Good for Heart and Vascular Health: Tail fat helps maintain cholesterol levels and is beneficial for heart and vascular health. However, excessive consumption can be harmful to heart and vascular health.
- Nourishing for Hair, Nails, and Skin: Tail fat contributes to collagen levels in the body, making it nourishing for hair, nails, and skin. It provides vitality and brightness, nourishing the body both internally and externally.
- Strengthens the Immune System: Tail fat positively contributes to the immune system, protecting against infections and inflammatory conditions.
- Contributes to Bone Development and Muscle Mass Increase: Tail fat plays an important role in bone development and increasing muscle mass. As a result, it is also highly beneficial for knees.
- Helps Relieve Pain: Wrapping tail fat around the waist has become a frequently used method for individuals engaging in running and cycling sports. It also helps alleviate back and shoulder pain.
Canan Karatay’s Tail Fat and Meat Stew Recipe
Here is Canan Karatay’s recommended tail fat and meat stew recipe:
- 1 kg lamb leg
- 100 gr tail fat
- Adequate amount of salt, black pepper, thyme
- Finely chop the tail fat and sauté it in a pot until it releases its oil.
- Add the cubed lamb leg to the pot. Cook over low heat for about 1 hour in its own juice.
- Occasionally shake the closed pot to allow the meat to change position and make contact with the fat.
- Once the meat is cooked, add salt, black pepper, and thyme. Serve hot.
In addition to Canan Karatay’s recommended tail fat and meat stew recipe, the health benefits of tail fat should also be considered. Tail fat is an important food ingredient due to its vitamin D content, pain-relieving effects, benefits for heart and vascular health, nourishing properties for hair, nails, and skin, immune system support, bone development, and muscle mass increase.
However, it should be noted that excessive consumption of tail fat, which is a type of fat, may have adverse effects on heart and vascular health. Therefore, it is important to consume tail fat in a balanced and healthy way while taking advantage of its benefits.
In summary, considering Canan Karatay’s tail fat and meat stew recipe and the health benefits of tail fat, it is beneficial to consume this food ingredient in a balanced and healthy manner.