Breakfast is considered one of the most important meals of the day, and on weekends we enjoy setting up delightful breakfast tables with our loved ones. One of the indispensable foods on these tables is olives. However, Prof. Dr. Canan Karatay’s statements have revealed unknown truths about olive consumption and exposed our health-threatening mistakes.
1. Don’t Remove the Salt from Olives!
Many of us rinse olives in water to remove their salt before placing them on the table. Prof. Dr. Canan Karatay pointed out that this practice is a significant mistake, stating: “If you don’t eat healthy, fatty, crystal rock salt cheese and olives, and say I put them in water and remove their salt, you will become infertile. On top of that, there are laundry detergents, dishwashing liquids, surface cleaners… There’s no such thing, they all contain poison. Homes will not be clean; we will live dirty and eat clean.”
Therefore, Karatay emphasized that olives should be consumed without removing their salt, as this incorrect practice could lead to health problems.
2. What Are the Benefits of Olives?
When consumed correctly, olives offer numerous benefits. Here are some of them:
- Prevents Cancer: Olives contain substances that fight against cancer, as well as vitamins A and E. These substances and vitamins help prevent the formation of cancer cells.
- Protects Eye Health: Due to the vitamin A in olives, they protect eye health and clarify night vision. Additionally, they prevent the development of catarfacts, macular degeneration, and other age-related eye diseases.
- Supports Bone Development: Olives, with their vitamins and minerals, support bone development in children and reduce the risk of fractures in the elderly.
- Contains Antioxidants: Olives are a rich source of antioxidants. Antioxidants help prevent the development of chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer. They also protect and strengthen the immune system.
3. How Should Olives Be Consumed Correctly?
To fully benefit from the advantages of olives and avoid health problems, we should pay attention to the following points:
- Be careful to consume olives without removing their salt and without rinsing them in water. The natural salt content of olives is essential for preserving their nutritional value.
- Choose high-quality and natural olives. Organic olives without additives are healthier.
- Include olive oil in your consumption. High-quality extra virgin olive oil allows you to obtain more of the benefits of olives.
- Add olive consumption to your daily dietary routine. Eating olives during breakfast or as a snack boosts your energy levels and helps maintain your health.
4. Other Uses for Olives
In addition to their health benefits, olives and olive oil are also beneficial for beauty and skincare. Here are some recommendations for using olives in this area:
- Olive Oil for Skin Care: Olive oil is a natural product that moisturizes and nourishes the skin. When applied to the skin through massage, it helps the skin appear more vibrant and radiant.
- Olive Oil for Hair Care: Olive oil contributes to strengthening hair, maintaining moisture balance, and enhancing shine. You can use it as a hair mask or apply it to your hair through massage.
- Olive Oil for Nail Care: To prevent your nails from breaking and support their healthy growth, you can apply olive oil to your nails and massage it in.
Following Prof. Dr. Canan Karatay’s warnings, we can protect our health and benefit from olives in the best way by consuming them correctly. It is important for a healthy lifestyle to consume olives without removing their salt, choose quality products, and incorporate olive oil into our diet. Also, remember that olives and olive oil can be used for skin, hair, and nail care