We will share non-greasy fluffy fried dough recipes with you. This way, you can prepare less oily and more delicious fried doughs to make your breakfasts, tea times, or guests happy. Here are the non-greasy fluffy fried dough recipes and tips!
Non-Greasy Fluffy Fried Dough Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 packet baking powder
- 3 and a half cups flour
- Frying: vegetable oil
Making Non-Greasy Fluffy Fried Dough
- In a mixing bowl, add 2 eggs and 1 cup of milk, and whisk thoroughly. Make sure the eggs and milk are at room temperature to ensure your fried doughs puff up beautifully.
- Add flour, salt, and baking powder to the mixture. We are using a total of 3.5 cups of flour. Gradually add the flour to make it easier to knead the dough.
- Knead the dough until it is soft in texture. The softer the dough, the puffier and softer your fried doughs will be.
- Place the dough between two sheets of baking paper and gently press it down with your hand. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough to about half a centimeter thick.
- Remove the baking paper from the rolled dough and cut circles using the rim of a glass. Alternatively, you can cut squares with a knife if you prefer.
- Fry your dough pieces in hot vegetable oil. Carefully flip them to fry evenly on both sides. Once both sides are golden brown, transfer the fried doughs to a plate lined with paper towels. Your yeast-free puffy fried doughs are ready to serve.
Tips for Non-Greasy Fluffy Fried Dough
- A soft dough will result in soft and fluffy fried doughs. Soft doughs help the fried doughs puff up better.
- When kneading the dough, make sure the eggs and milk are at room temperature. This will help the dough rise better.
- The amount of flour may vary slightly depending on the size of the eggs, small differences in ingredients, and the type of flour used. It is important to be cautious.
- Use hot oil when frying the dough pieces. When fried in hot oil, the dough will not absorb the oil.
- You can determine the shape of the fried doughs by cutting circles with a glass rim or squares with a knife. This is entirely up to you.
- You can make your non-greasy fried doughs with cheese or without any filling. When making cheese-filled fried doughs, make sure to seal the dough completely; otherwise, the cheese may spill out during frying, causing oil splatters and deflated doughs.
With the non-greasy fluffy fried dough recipe, you will offer a delicious and healthy option for your breakfasts, tea times, and guests.