Are you a bargain hunter? Hopefully you have saved enough space in your suitcase for all the purchases you will make in the best outlets in New York. whether in Woodbury Common Premium Outlets, upstate New York, or at Tanger Outlets on Long Island, we’ve been there and we can share our experience with all of you.
Our favorite outlets in New York
New York is a shopping paradise. From the designer boutiques of Fifth Avenue, to the trendy shops of SoHo, to the thrift stores of Williamsburg, you can easily shop all over the city. Although the city already offers you a eclectic amount of shops and mallsyou will have to leave Manhattan if you want to take advantage of the best shopping deals. The best way to do this is by visiting one of the many outlets in and around New York.
At New York shopping outlets, you’ll not only find tons of fashion stores in one place, but also deep discounts on designer clothes and your favorite brands. We have visited all the outlets in the area and we are happy to share with you the best outlets in NYC for guaranteed bargains.
There are four big outlets in New York that can be reached from Manhattan in 2 hours or less:
1. Woodbury Common Premium Outlets
An hour’s drive north from Manhattan, you’ll find the Woodbury Common Premium Outlets. With more than 220 stores, this Central Valley outlet is not only one of the nicest and largest in New York, but one of the the largest in the world. Here you can do practically all your purchases in New York and also at great prices. Instead of the usual mall layout, Woodbury Outlets is designed like a small town where one store adjoins another. Bargains await you behind each of those doors.
At the Woodbury Common Outlets, each brand is represented with its own store. Brands such as Burberry, Gucci, Chanel, Prada, Michael Kors, Dolce & Gabbana, Tommy Hilfiger, Polo Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, as well as Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, Ugg Boots, Hunter and Timberland sell their fashion lines here at affordable prices. Lower.
Directions to Woodbury Common Premium Outlets
- 1. From the Port Authority Bus Terminal, take a bus operated by ShortLine or Coach USA to Woodbury Commons and back
- 2. If you want to save yourself the hassle at the Port Authority, you can also reserve seats on a direct shuttle bus from NYC to Woodbury. Departs on a regular schedule from Hotel NYC on 45th Street (Midtown Manhattan).
2. The Mills at Jersey Gardens
The Jersey Gardens outlet is one of the most popular near New York. With over 200 stores, Jersey Gardens features many well-known brands and top designers, including sportswear from Nike, Under Armor, Adidas, and brands like Abercrombie & Fitch, Hollister, Victoria’s Secret. Also, Saks Fifth Avenue couture department store is located here. In addition to clothing, you can find jewelry, electronics, Disney toys, and Legos. If you want to catch a movie, the downtown AMC theater will complete your shopping experience.
Directions to the Jersey Gardens Outlet
- 1. The Jersey Gardens Outlet can be easily reached by bus in half an hour. Buses leave regularly from the Port Authority bus terminal. Look for NJ Transit bus line #111 (or #115).
- 2. Instead of taking the bus, you can also book a luxury shuttle that takes you comfortably from your Manhattan hotel to The Mills at the Jersey Gardens Outlet. You will have 7 hours to shop before the driver takes you back to your hotel.
3. Empire Outlets in NYC
Until May 2019, you had to go out of town when it came to outlets in NYC. Now, you can also satisfy your shopping needs in the often forgotten Staten Island New York neighborhood. And the best? You can get to the Empire Outlets conveniently and for free in just 25 minutes.
There are over 100 stores at The Empire Outlets, including popular brands like Nike, Levis, Guess, Converse, Banana Republic, H&M, GAP, True Religion and many more. Of course, the selection of restaurants is just as great. Hungry shoppers can enjoy Shake Shack, Wasabi, Wetzels Pretzels, and of course,
How to get to the Staten Island Empire Outlets
The best and easiest way to get to the Empire Outlets is to take the free Staten Island Ferry. You’ll be there in about 25 minutes, plus you can cross a wonderful boat ride off your bucket list. It even goes through Statue of Liberty.
4. Tangier Outlets in New York
Also in New York, on Long Island, there are two Tanger Outlets: Riverhead and Deer Park. If you want to come here, it makes sense to combine your shopping with a trip to Long Island and the famous Hamptons. During the summer, you can also have a great time on the beautiful beaches.
Both outlets house popular brand manufacturers: Nike, Boss, Victoria’s Secret, Abercrombie & Fitch, Puma, Diesel, Levis, Lacoste, UGG, Michael Kors, and many more.
Directions to Tanger Outlets
1. The easiest way to get to the outlets is to rent a car, especially if you want to explore the Hamptons anyway.
- Riverhead Outlets: 200 Tangier Mall Drive, Riverhead, NY 11901
- Deer Park Outlets: Address: 152 The Arches Circle, Deer Park, NY 11729
two. If you don’t have a rental car, you can take the LIRR train to the Deer Park LIRR station. You can buy your Tanger Deer Park tickets directly at the counter or from the ticket machines (grey or blue). The ticket includes travel on the LIRR train and a short shuttle ride to the Tanger Outlets.
3. To make the most of your trip, you can book a full day tour of the Hamptons. The itinerary includes Meadow Lane, Cooper’s Beach, wine tasting, Southampton, Sag Harbor and some time to shop at the Tanger Outlets.
What are the best outlets in New York?
Now that you have information about New York outlets, you can start shopping! When it comes to discounts, we can clearly say that it doesn’t really matter which outlet you choose. All New York outlets offer great deals and discounts on popular brands.
Nevertheless, Each of the New York outlets offers a unique shopping experience. The choice of one or the other depends on the time you want to spend there, the stores you like and what you want to combine with your shopping trip.
It is where we like to shop the most because it not only offers the largest selection of stores and great discounts, but also a beautiful backdrop. It’s the place to go for all shopping fanatics like you!
For those who don’t want to spend a whole day shopping, I recommend heading to the Empire Outlets on Staten Island. The Free 25-minute ride on the Staten Island Ferry makes it easy to get to the outlet and it is a great experience in itself.