Istanbul is one of the most sought after cities by travelers, since it is an exotic and beautiful city where you can enjoy fabulous monuments and exquisite cuisine. However, when traveling, whether to this or another city, it is always good to know what temperatures await us. To help you organize your trip, we tell you what the weather is like in Istanbul.
This is the weather in Istanbul
Despite being at the same geographical height as Naples, a city known for its Mediterranean climate, Istanbul differs from it in a notable way. If you want to know what to pack in each season, take note.
Istanbul in winter
Winter can be very harsh in Turkey’s capital, since even heavy snowfalls can be witnessed. Temperatures can drop below freezing, which might not even allow you to leave the hotel.
If you are thinking of going to Turkey, it would probably be better if you decide to do it in another station. And, if you are still determined, take good warm clothes, you will need them.
Weather in Istanbul in Autumn
For many, autumn is one of the best seasons to visit the city, Well, the weather is pleasant, without being too cold or too hot, and you can enjoy the earthy colors that nature offers. In addition, the rains are not too frequent.
On the other hand, the streets are full of life, because good temperatures encourage people to go out. But the nights are already getting longer and it starts to get dark early.
Spring in Istanbul
East, like autumn, it is a good time to visit the Turkish capital. Nature will be in its full splendor, the streets full of happy people because winter is over.
The weather is very pleasant, since it ranges between 22 and 26 degrees, and the nights are getting shorter, which means more hours of sunshine. An incredible moment, therefore, to enjoy a getaway to Istanbul.
Summer in Istanbul
Although summer is the season for travel and vacations, it does not seem like a good idea to travel to Istanbul on these dates because temperatures rise to 40º C, 42º C in some cases. Along with this, the humidity reaches almost 100%, which does not make it very pleasant to walk around the city.
However, to enjoy its beaches will be the ideal time. In addition, in the city in summer there is a lot of atmosphere, especially at night, which makes it a unique destination.
“Never hesitate to go far, beyond all seas, all borders, all countries, all beliefs.”
As you see, everything will depend on what you are looking for in your trip to Istanbul and what you want to enjoy. In any case, this is a wonderful city. If the weather is good, you can take a leisurely stroll through it, if not, take the opportunity to visit its fabulous monuments. What is it that you cannot miss in the city? Let’s do a quick review!
What you can’t miss in Istanbul
Istanbul is a huge city in which It seems difficult to catalog the essentials, but let’s try:
- The blue Mosque : With more than 400 years of history, it has become one of the most famous in the city for its splendid architecture and colors.
- Hagia Sophia: masterpiece of Byzantine art built in the 4th century. Former church, later a mosque and today a museum, its interior is spectacular.
- Grand Bazaar: It has more than 60 streets, 22 doors and nearly 4,000 stores. Come on, even if you spend the whole day there you won’t be able to cover it.
- The Galata Tower. It was built in 1348 and has 9 floors and is 66.9 meters high. It was used as a watchtower and today you can visit and climb up to it.
- The palaces: you should at least visit the ones in Dolmabahçe and Topkapi.
- The source of Ahmet III: It was built by the same person who gives it its name in 1729 and has four walls with a tap on each one and a calligraphic inscription.
Take good note of the weather in Istanbul and the essentials you have to see. Choose the season that best suits you and enjoy this exotic and interesting city to the fullest.